Monday, September 08, 2008

Coming up this weekend is my first time at the Grove Winery in Gibsonville. I will be dragging some of my tools over there and doing some fold forming demonstrations, also, some general cold forging of copper. Hope the showers hold off, It wouldn't be much fun doing demos in the rain. The Winery says,
Art at the Grove

Mark your calendars. September 13th & 14th is the big Crafts in the Grove week-end where we will be featuring the work of local artists and crafters on the patio. Painting, photography, jewelry, carving, pottery, glass blowing and handmade furniture. We'll also have demonstrations, food, wine tastings, a special free grape tasting and horse-drawn carriage tours of our estate vineyards. Fun for the whole family.


Hope to see you there. This past weekend at the Rockingham County Folks Festival we had a great time with the folks up in Wentworth, NC. The Rockingham County Arts Council put on this festival. With the crowds being unsure about the extent of hurricane Hanna Saturday, we started off a little slow. Things picked up on Sunday with a small but enthusiastic crowd. Lots of interesting people met along with seeing some old friends in the RC Pottery Guild which was set up beside me. Next year, without Hanna, I'm sure a big crowd will show. Hope to see some of you folks at Crafts at the Grove this weekend.

1 comment:

foutfolk said...

I wish I could make it to the show this weekend. I would love to see how you forge metal. We (my family) are in Ohio now and I am teaching again. Still looking for the farm. And it is colder up here as well. Yesterday morning . . . 39 degrees already.

garth